Re: apache httpd.conf and .htaccess

Hi Andre,

ok, basically i'm just testing at home the mod_rewrite module from apache, so i took an example from internet.
basically when i type http://my.IP.address/se_internet/error.html in my browser address bar, i should be redirected (apache should rewrite address as) to http://my.IP.address/se_internet/find.html.

is it clearer ?

to do so, i need to have an .htaccess file where i wrote thi RewriteRule.
instead of doing so (rewrite address), my browser displays a 400 error message :-(
here are my files:

# --- httpd.conf ---
Alias /se_internet/ "L:/Webserver/se/internet/"
<Directory "L:/Webserver/se/internet/">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

# --- .htaccess ---
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^error.html$ find.html [L]

under my browser FF3, when i run http://my.IP.address/se_internet/error.html,
instead to redirect me on http://my.IP.address/se_internet/find.html, i get
a nice 400 error message:
Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not
understand.

any idea ?
Hi Alain.
Someone might be willing to help, but you are not being very clear about what you want to do, what is supposed to do it, or when..
Above you say : instead to redirect me...
What exactly is supposed to re-direct what ? the part of your configuration file that you copied does not show anything that should redirect anywhere.
Can you provide the whole httpd.conf maybe ?

André