Re: redirects conundrum

Ben Spencer wrote:
> The issue is that you are redirecting / to /a/
>
> You can accomplish what you need with mod_rewrite, though I am not sure the
> processing order for redirects done with Redirect and those done with
> mod_rewrite so this might involve changing the Redirect permanent directives
> to mod_rewrite redirect directives.

I don't think we can accomplish what we need with mod_rewrite.  We need
/a/ in the address bar to manage cookie domains correctly.  We are
redirecting instead of rewriting for client-side reasons.

If we rewrite instead of redirecting, we end up with big cookies that
get sent with every request to the server.  By redirecting to /a/, our
cookies end up with the /a/ path and hence don't get sent with all the
requests to /bar.

Thanks,
Eric

--