Re: Logs

Grant Peel wrote:
Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply. FYI I am using UNIX (freebsd).

Up tp this point, I have been using an sh script to rotate logs.

The logs in question are the access_log and error_log in each one of my (Apache) virtual hosts.

logrotate looks like the cats meow!

I have read the man page and it states to use wildcards with caution (as always). So I have one question:

Can I use a wildcard as such,

/home/*/logs/access_log

/home/*/logs/error_log

The '*' being the wildcard to denote the home dir for

virt_domain1.com
virt_domain2.ca
virt_domain3.net

-Grant