Re: redirect with query string

>----- Original Message ----
>From: "charlycr74@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <charlycr74@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Sent: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 4:39:22 PM
>Subject: Re: redirect with query string
>
>Hi Stephen,
>
>I have to rewrite the full URL.
>
>If I go to: http://www.domain.com/abc/def/abcd.asp?abc=123&def=456&ghi=135
>I have to be redirected to: http://www.domain.com/xzy/uvw/abc/xyz.asp?cba=000&zyx=111
>
>Thank you,
>
>Charly

Charly,

  Regex needs to have some sort of formula to it. The problem is that there is no consistency in the
two URLs that you're giving in order to put that into a formula. For example, there is no way
to take URL 1 and jumble it up to make URL 2 because URL 2 injects paths AND variables that are
not in URL 1. Apache cannot very well guess the answer to this.
 Your best bet is to google Regular Expressions, try to get an idea of what it means. You should also be
able to find some examples of how they work out there. Once you are better versed in the way it works,
feel free to apply that to your question, and we can be of much more help!