Apache 1.3.41 on SunSolaris 10: htppd -F returns setsid error if started by a controlprocess

Hi folks

I currently have a problem with Apache 1.3.41 running on SunSolaris 10.
We have to use
the version 1.3.41 because of a dependency to a third party product
which doesn't support
Apache 2.0 and higher.

What I want to do:
==================
I want to start/stop the apache (httpd) by a program called 'sapcontrol'
which is part of a SAP Installation.

Codeline, how httpd is being called:
====================================
httpd -F -f /usr/sap/HAP/SYS/global/pa/conf/httpd.conf

My problem:
===========
Although 'sapcontrol' calls the httpd with the option "-F", which causes
the mother process (sapcontrol) to
not fork&detach, the httpd process doesn't start.  Instead I find in the
logfile following error message:
setsid: Not owner
wspa.sapHAP_DXPPW00: setsid failed
setsid() failed probably because you aren't running under a process
management tool like daemontools
(wspa.sapHAP_DXPPW00 is a link pointing to httpd)

What I already tried:
=====================
- start httpd with the option "-X" (debug mode) but without "-F":
  httpd was able to be started and stopped by sapcontrol and was running
properly; but in the debug mode it doesen't fork
  (but we need the fork feature)
- httpd of Apache 2.2.9 with the command line option "-DNO_DETACH"
behaves exactly how I want it to: does not
  detach and forks itself and could be started and stopped by sapcontrol
- the option "-DNO_DETACH" has no affect on httpd of Apache 1.3.41.
httpd started but forked of it's mother process
  (sapcontrol) what I don't want
- the option "-DFOREGROUND" in Apache 1.3.41: the same affect as the
option "-DNO_DETACH"
- the option "-F" combined with the option "-DNO_DETACH" in Apache
1.3.41: the same error message as started
  with the option "-F" only:
  setsid: Not owner
  wspa.sapHAP_DXPPW00: setsid failed
  setsid() failed probably because you aren't running under a process
management tool like daemontools
- the option "-F" combined with the option "-DFOREGROUND" in Apache
1.3.41: the same error message as started
  with the option "-F" only:
  setsid: Not owner
  wspa.sapHAP_DXPPW00: setsid failed

I was also searching the web and scanning this mailing list but I didn't
found an entry with a similar problem neither
a hint how to handle this problem.

Does anybody of you may know how to solve my problem? Thanks in advance
for your help!
Best regards and thanks for your time!
Patrik