Re: Forbidden error

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 14:00, Ch Praveena <ps050202@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am sure that I am currently running from ROOT user completely.

So you have the line  "User root" in your httpd.conf?
This is very unwise. Also very unlikely.

Apache has it's own access control system. In order to be able to view
a certain resource the following conditions must be met:
1) The access control statemetns in httpd.conf must allow access.
2) The user apache runs as (and this is usually not the same user you
start it as) must have read access on the resource (and it's
directory)
3) The resource must exist.

>From your error log I get the impression that the user the apache
daemon runs at does not have read access to your webroot. You need to
fix that.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx