Re: Using variables with CO= in mod_rewrite ...

>RewriteRule .* - [E=MYPATH:Hello World]

Yup, that did it, many thanks .. :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx>
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, 13 August, 2008 9:56:24 AM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: Re:  Using variables with CO= in mod_rewrite ...

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 09:42, Gareth Bult <gareth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, I tried this, but it didn't seem to make any difference .. with this in place there is no error but the cookie doesn't get set ...

The problem seems to be that SetEnv is evaluated in an API phase after
any rewrite rules, ( Never asume that directives act in the order they
are in the config file.) as mentioned in the docs:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/env.html
"The SetEnv directive runs late during request processing meaning that
directives such as SetEnvIf and RewriteCond will not see the variables
set with it."

You could try to set an environment variable using a (dummy) rewriterule:

RewriteRule .* - [E=MYPATH:Hello World]

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx