Re: Error Page Generation in Apache Server

Eric Covener wrote:
On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Raghavendra Datt
<raghavendradatt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric,
Thanks for your quick response. I went through the mentioned functions.
The method "ap_send_error_response" has the logic to print the html page in
case of error. but, I am not really sure whether this same method is called
in my case. because, the kind of html generated looks like a plain html and
the error page generated has the style sheets and some fancy stuff in the
source. Am I missing any thing?

Generated by tomcat maybe?

The above may be a bit concise, so I'll elaborate a bit.
It seems, from the rather incomplete information you supplied originally, that you may have not only an Apache HTTPD server, but also a Tomcat servlet engine in the background. It also sounds like the page you are seeing may be actually generated by Tomcat, not by the Apache httpd server. The styles of the Apache httpd and Tomcat server error pages are quite different, so it should be easy to tell visually from where it comes.

To provide you with more precise help, it would be useful if you posted some additional details about the platform you are running this on, whether the is an Apache and a Tomcat or not, their versions, etc..

Tomcat is a piece of software that also "belongs" to the larger family of Apache projects, so a message indicating "Apache Tomcat" means in reality "Apache family, Tomcat module". But the Apache httpd server was the first project in the family, so its message usually say just "Apache".
And I hope I have not confused you further with all this.

André