Re: SVN access w/ SSL while keeping old permissions

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 22:20, stinger520 <cplein@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I already have an svn repository and I am working on getting it set up so
> that it can be accessed from anywhere through https view ssl.

You want that someone can access it using a web browser? Using the
simple svn web view included in mod_svn, or something else?

The setup I have looks like this:

LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
LoadModule dav_svn_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so
LoadModule authz_svn_module modules/mod_authz_svn.so

<Location /repos/>
        DAV svn
        SVNListParentPath on
        SVNParentPath /opt/svn/repos
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Authorization for repository required"
        AuthUserFile "/opt/svn/user_access/passwd"
        AuthzSVNAccessFile /opt/svn/user_access/access
        Require valid-user
</Location>

(This all part of a SSL virtual host config)

This way users can access the repository using a svn client and using
a webbrowser. User access is granted based on usernames and passwords
in /opt/svn/user_access/passwd and /opt/svn/user_access/access is a
SVN style access control file.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx