Re: easy question: where is my config file?

Gazz1982 wrote:
I've been searching for the file which contains all the module info etc... I
think it should be in httpd.conf but I can't find it, where is it usually
located (I'm using ubuntu Linux)

Thanks
Try the /etc/apache or /etc/apache2 directories, and look for .conf files ?
Depending on the Linux distribution and Apache version (assuming it is Apache you are using), it may be called httpd.conf or apache.conf or apache2.conf. It is also possible that not everything is in that file (usually it isn't), and you may have to examine that file to see which other files it "pulls in".
Look for "include" directives.
Under Ubuntu, which if I remember well is similar to Debian, the structure for the configuration files may be something like
/etc
   /apache2
      apache2.conf
      /mods-enabled