Re: Send a request to another apache server

>OK, if I understand you correctly...

>I see you having two options.

>You can configure your router/fire wall to route the traffic to the
>individual servers behind the fire wall, (if this is possible, it is
>the BEST way to do it IMO). This means that port 80 traffic for
>webmail.example.com should go to the web mail server and all other
>port 80 traffic to the web server. Most routers intended for
>business/professional use allow you to do just this sort of thing. If
>you are using one intended for the consumer market, all bets are off
>as to whether it supports such a configuration.
Our router/firewall does allow for this but as was stated in the other posts (look in the vhost.conf that i posted) webserver answers for port 80 and the webmail server answers for port 8080. So when users type in webmail.some-domain.tld, this goes to the webserver and not the webmail server (these users have trouble remembering to type :8080 at the end of the address which results in help desk calls). Just so you know, we use a Juniper/Netscreen router/firewall.