Re: Why is mod_limitipconn in Ubuntu 8.04 not working?

Dear David,

Thank you for your kindly and quick reply.

I am sorry that I thought the limitipconn module would totally prevent
the DoS attacker from connecting to TCP 80 port.

BTW, I am not sure how Apache and its DSOs work internally. But I
wonder whether there is a way to achieve the result I expected? If it
cannot done inside Apache or its DSOs, maybe it can be done by adding
a rule to the system iptables?

Thank you for your wonderful mod_limitipconn; hope it can be
integrated to Apache trunk soon.

--
Yours Truly,
James Z. Snell