Re: moving apache installation directory

Melanie Pfefer wrote:
Hi

I installed apache under /usr/local/apache2

this might change later on.

Would it be sufficient to move the directory to the new location and start the http service again?

Check in your configuration file where the various parts (modules and so on) are referred (usually they are relative to the 'ServerRoot'). Also, you need to check if automatic start/stop procedures are referring to such directory and change those too.

Davide

--
I met this programmer once - a fat, slippery man, sweating profusely in his unnecessary woollen jumper. A slug in sheep's clothing.
--Verity Stob