Re: proxypass problems

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 13:27, Chris Cohen <kildau-ml@xxxxxx> wrote:
> ... and it actually works. I can access all the files. BUT
> Apache is looking for /icons in the wrong directory and (what is much more
> annoying) the autoindex module generates wrong links.
> For example:
> I am in the dir /pub/software/ and want to go into the "Parent Directory",
> but the link points to /mirror/pub/ instead of /pub/.

The links are generated by your mirror server. This mirror server does
not see requests for /pub/software but for /mirror/pub/software, and
thus generates what are, from its perspective, correct links.

You probably though that ProxyPassReverse would fix that, but it
doesn't, as only redirects are rewritten, not the content.

You either need to use something that rewrites the content generate by
your mirror server (but this is complicated for a newbie) or
alternatively also proxy /mirror to your mirror server.  Like this:

<Location /mirror>
Order deny,allow
              Allow from 10.1.0.0/16
              Deny from all