virtual hosting not working

Up until recently, the following hasn't been a problem.  Now I am trying to
get mailman working and I'm hitting a frustrating brick wall.

The setup is that the Solaris 10 x86 server is on the inside of a DSL static IP.
So, I normally get at my web pages locally by going through localhost.

The apache2 server refuses to send out the web pages using vidiot.com, as it
get the error:

	401 Unauthorized
	Authorization required for the URL '/'.

i.e., it brought up a WebAdmin login GUI.  Wrong.

Trying to go to a specific web directory results in:

	404 Not Found
	The requested URL '/TVShows/' was not found on this server.

Again, wrong.

Now, when I try and use localhost, or 192.168.1.1, to create a mailman maillist,
it gets the error:

	Error: Unknown virtual host: localhost

This is driving me up the wall.

I have the following entries in my config file:

Listen 192.168.1.1:80
Listen 127.0.0.1:80
ServerName www.vidiot.com:80
DocumentRoot "/WebDisk/http/htdocs/vidiot"
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>
<Directory "/WebDisk/http/htdocs/vidiot">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    CheckSpelling on
</Directory>
NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "/WebDisk/http/htdocs/vidiot"
    ServerName www.vidiot.com
    ServerAlias localhost vidiot.com *.vidiot.com
</VirtualHost>

If you need to see other entries, let me know.

Any and all help in getting this to work will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@xxxxxxxxxx                                /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign