Re: Forward proxies and aliases

Just an idea from a guy who really knows next to nothing about proxies :
If
- a proxy configuration allows you to selectively forward some requests to a selection of sites, but not to a local file
- but what you want to do is to redirect some URLs to a local file

then can you not set up a local virtual host under some name, and forward ditto "local" requests to that local virtual host, whose pleasure it would be to serve the local stuff in question ?

André