Re: allow from "hostname" not working..

Hi,

Alright. I was right about the reverse lookup thing.
And I already thought about that "allow from
.myispdomain.com" and also thought that it wouldn't be
good idea because i would be allowing the entire IP
address space of my ISP. I think i'll probably just
write a script that will resolve the hostname of my
dyndns pc and just replace my "allow from
IP".htaccess.
Though I'm still wondering if there is a way to tell
apache to just skip reverse resolving before
evaluating the "allow from hostname" rule...

Thanks

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mod_auth_basic.html