Emergency Web Server Configuration

OS: Linux Red Hat

Apache: 2.2.x

I am setting up a dedicated apache web server in order to push out emergency web pages in the event of an emergency on campus.  The content that would be pushed out would be static content only consisting of a few dozen web pages.  I have verified that the number of possible open files is over a million in the OS.  I have also made sure to shut off HTACCESS.  Are there any other technical items I should be identifying or evaluating in order to make sure we could handle an obscene number of web hits?  Would it be a necessity to have two or more network cards running in conjunction together?

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs

University of Illinois