Re: Windows MPM

André Warnier wrote:
If yes, this becomes a matter for the real Apache gurus here.

s/Apache/Windows Apache/ :-)

And I am not a guru.

An idea, anyone ?

AP1 and 2 are radically different under windows and in all projects
I have found AP2 under windows to be faster - and I use
quite a few apache modules - including mod_perl.

However I have hit problems with instaling multiple software
devices under windows i.e. mysql, SS7 and Ap2 together caused grief.

Also, any AV software or custom network drivers (such as those
required for the above audio devices) may not provide the
entire TCP API required by AP1 or Ap2.

Even installing backup software can affect (trash) the network drivers.

FInally AP2 is threaded and it may be that the Windows could be incorrectly tuned, resulting is a slowdown when trying to utilise multiple cores. I have seen this with multi core systems and in-house threaded apps.

Jacqui