Re: Difference in mod_perl & mod_php

On 03.06.08 21:31, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Yes, and for this reason, in a mod_perl program you could create a
> permanent connection to the database and each time you make another query,
> you don't need to establish a new connection, and this means that it will
> work faster.

mod_php supports permanent connections to databases too. At least to mysql.

The biggest problem with mod_perl is that people tent to compare it with
mod_php. They could compare it with mod_rewrite, mod_log_common, or mod_proxy
with similar results (differences).

mod_perl can do (nearly) anything what any modules can do. It will be just
done by perl interpreter, instead of interpreting binary code compiled from
C (as most apache modules are) by CPU itself.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*