Re: mod_auth_mysql questions

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Chris Cohen wrote:

~# ldd /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd | grep libmysqlclient_r
         libmysqlclient_r.so.15 =>
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.15 (0xb7d7f000)

This command doesn't report anything. So no mysql support I think.
I cant even find something like dbd for apache in my repo.
So... its not possible with the debian/ubuntu apache?

Sounds like it by the way they have apparently built the 2.2.8 package.

The first thing I'd do is backup your httpd.conf, then delete the apache package, then get the source and build from that. If you need a rough
guide on what to do check out http://support.ausics.net/apache.php

The second thing I'd do is join the ubuntu lists and ask the debian/ubuntu maintainers to for once in their lives come out of the dark ages and use modern methods with something :)

--
Cheers
Res

I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.