Re: lbmethods in mod_proxy_balancer

Ryan Murray wrote:
IMHO LB is not at all a long-term action - if my LB worked like current
world stock market I'd return it to the vendor!  Knowing that _over time_ my
"n" clustered servers did the same amount of work is not nearly as useful as
knowing that _right now_ my 2 servers are doing the same amount of work.
I'm not worries about making my servers "wear out" at the same time ;)
It depends. If you're load balancing a new request that will end up using a session and using sticky sessions, then this is a pretty long-term action -- since all subsequent requests from the given session will go to the same endpoint. If you're not dealing with sticky sessions, then load balancing is a short-term action except in cases where you're dealing with enormous requests or responses.

--
Jess Holle