Re: executing files on server

> > On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:25 AM, syed mehdi <smmehadi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> or say if i want to execute some exe like *.exe instead of *.abc on
> >> server side, then where should i place that on server and what changes
> >> should i make.

if you want .exe to be executed on server side, you need to have cgi module
loaded, ExecCGI allowed (at least for the directory) and configured apache
to interpret .exe as file to be executed

AddHandler cgi-script .exe

(at least for apache 1.3)

On 19.05.08 23:01, syed mehdi wrote:
> yeah that's correct, I have been able to execute python/shell scripts
> on server side. But whenever I am trying to access a file which should
> get opened with some client software, like flash or PDF then there is
> a problem. I mean it opens the swf/abc as binary.

flash and PDF are NOT executedon server side. They are provided by server
and it's up to the client what does it do with them. You only need to
configure proper mime types for them. most of systems know that, and if not,
you can

AddType application/pdf .pdf
AddType application/x-shockwave-flash .swf
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Chernobyl was an Windows 95 beta test site.