Re: Re: 2GB Filesize Limit

I recommend you read:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html

Which simply states:

Large File Supporthttpd is now built with support for files larger than 2GB on modern 32-bit Unix systems. Support for handling >2GB request bodies has also been added.

So, honestly, I have not run into any problems with any files larger than 2GB yet and I have had some pretty large file requests.

One thing I have noticed and this may help you (or others) now or in the future is trying to turn "EnableSendfile Off", sendfile has problems
with large files on some systems (and thus did on some of my boxes in odd situations, mainly client based if I recall...).

I hope we all helped.

Cheers,

Craig Huffstetler
xq on freenode