Re: Clustering

On Thursday 22 May 2008 08:24:07 Ch Praveena wrote:
> But there the serialization is neither with Tomcat nor with my
> application. Its a problem with Echo2 framework basically. You can see the
> stack trace here.. http://rifers.org/paste/show/7354.
> I have used echo2 and hibernate to write my application and all the classes
> in the application are serialized.

There really are only two solutions:

1. Modify your application so that RequestFacade is not stored in the session
   object. You probably won't learn much from the stack trace, because that is
   tracing the replication process that failed, not the application code that
   stored the object. Look for a Serializable object in your app which has a
   reference to RequestFacade, perhaps in a member variable. Find a way not to
   use that reference, or not to store your containing object in the session.

2. Modify the Echo2 or Catalina source code so that RequestFacade is declared
   Serializable. I would be *very* cautious about doing that, because just
   declaring the Serializable interface doesn't mean that your object can
   be sensibly serialized -- it just means *you* think it can. As someone else
   suggested, read up on the serialization process before trying this. And in
   any case, this means forking a library module, which is usually a horrible
   idea.

As others have said, this question is really more related to Tomcat than it
is to Apache, so you will probably have better luck on the Tomcat forums. I'm
hoping the above hints will give you a headstart on a Google search of those
forums and/or a closer look at your application code.

Kind regards and good luck,

Scott