Indexes option doesn't work

Hello,

I have been trying since long to configure my httpd.conf file (v2.2)
so as to get a directory listing of contents when an directory index
file (like index.html) is not found, but I haven't been successful as
of yet. I did make sure that I follow all the instructions given over
at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#options, but still
nothing seems to work in my case.

Here is what I get in my browser when ever I try to access a folder
(in my directory root) without an index file but with other content,
like images, files, etc.:

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is
either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

Error 403

Here is an excerpt from my httpd.conf:

<Directory />
   Options All MultiViews
   IndexOptions FancyIndexing
   AllowOverride All
</Directory>

#
# Note that from this point forward you must specifically allow
# particular features to be enabled - so if something's not working as
# you might expect, make sure that you have specifically enabled it
# below.
#

#
# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
#
<Directory "/var/www/html">

#
# Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
# or any combination of:
#   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
# The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please see
# http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#options
# for more information.
#
   IndexOptions FancyIndexing

#
# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
#   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#
   AllowOverride All

#
#
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all

</Directory>

Does anyone has a clue what's wrong with this code? If anybody wants,
I'll post the entire config file here.

Thanks.

--
Anurag Bhandari