load balancing and ProxyTimeout

Hi,

I'm using httpd 2.2.8 to load balance across a cluster of JBoss servers.

One of the linux boxes hosting a JBoss server effectively crashed. We're not sure exactly what happened, but the symptom was that you could open a socket (to port 22, or the JBoss HTTP port), but nothing would ever come of it.

We were puzzled by the fact that the load balancing module didn't put this server into an ERR state when this happened, and kept sending it requests (not many, but enough to cause a problem).

We tried setting ProxyTimeout to 60 seconds, and we see that there is a log in the error logs stating that that worker is timing out, but it still doesn't put the worker into an ERR state.

So my question is, is it possible to configure it so that if a worker starts to timeout, it puts that worker into the ERR state?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

--
Eric Bowman