Re: Reverse Reverse Proxy?

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Tod <listacctc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have two web servers both running Apache 2.x.  All intranet content is
> served to users by ServerA.  There is an application running on ServerB
> that I would like ServerA to redirect requests to.  When this redirect
> is done I'd like it to be transparent to the user so that they still
> think they are on ServerA when in fact it is running on ServerB.
>
> I have access to modify the configuration on ServerB, but not Server A.
>   I think a reverse proxy would work if I could modify the config on
> ServerA, but I'm not sure what could be accomplished from ServerB's
> perspective.
>
> Has anyone run into this that could offer suggestions?

You can't do anything if you don't control ServerA or at least the
network configuration. The client is going to make its request to
ServerA. If you want the content served from ServerB, either ServerA
needs to do it, or something on the network (a firewall, or a DNS
server, for example) needs to make the request go directly to ServerB.

Joshua.