Re: Configure/Compile Apache with SVN module

Greetings Sakthi,

Great choice for source control and for your HTTPD if I must say so myself. ... Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Now onto your question. I'll be brief because I'm not entirely sure of what you have done thus far and I'm going to refer you to an archived post and a web address. I'm sorry for the informality; however, afterwards please feel free to respond if it does not clear it up.

I am not sure of the exact steps you took during the Apache compile, nor how your setup is configured thus far. So I am going to refer you to two articles which should clear up your issues. After reading these articles let me know if we can continue to assist by any means with exact errors and steps to produce.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/apache/users/351519
and/or http://jmatrix.net/dao/case/case.jsp?case=7F000001-3FA5AC-117698C9991-27F5 (detailed from RedHat derivatives, basically)
and/or http://davidwinter.me.uk/articles/2006/02/16/subversion-over-apache-2-on-ubuntu/ (for Ubuntu, basically)
[if you plan on using DAV] http://www.debuntu.org/2006/05/20/54-how-to-subversion-svn-with-apache2-and-dav

I just thought I would give you a few. The first link is your best bet and the best place to start unless you are wanting to start with something distro specific. It's really up to you and your installation and overall configuration. I'm letting you be the judge.

Good luck and Standing by.

Sincerely,

Craig Huffstetler
xq on FreeNode #apache