Re: Establishing a new connection sometimes takes long (30s).

On 13.05.08 09:52, Alex Grässer wrote:
> Why would this be a DNS issue? The problem happens on the SERVER

because the most common reason for this is DNS issue.

> and HostnameLookups is Off!

isn't it turned on somewhere?

> Also the VirtualHosts are IP based so there is no name to be looked up.

this is completely irelevant to DNS. The only think that matters here is,
that when there is host name in <VirtualHost> directive, it is being looked
up at start or reconfigure, but it does not affect request processing

> The problem seems to occur BEFORE Apache even receives the message.

another reason might be an IDENT being required...

> Does Apache count (reverse) DNS lookups towards the execution time?

I guess so.
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.