apache install error

I am having a bit of trouble installing Apache on my Windows XP
machine. I only need it installed to use as a test server. This is my
first post to this list. Hope someone can point me in the right
direction. Thanks. -Patrick

Note:
My anti virus is "McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0i". I also have
Windows Defender installed.

Note:
When I run netstat -an I see no usage of port 80 (or 8080, for that matter).

Error Messages:
Every time I attempt to start Apache I get the following error message:

"Disabled use of AcceptEx() Winsock2 API
httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified
domain name,
using [my computer's IP address] for ServerName
Unable to open logs"

When I initially installed Apache, I got the error above AND a second
error box which came up as soon as the first error box closed. I was
not able to write down the second error message before it disappeared.
All I was able to jot down from the second error box before it
automatically closed is the following:

"...no listening sockets available
shutting down"