Re: Apache httpd 2.2.8 not reading LDAPTrustedGlobalCert files

"Eric Covener" <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Can you try truss -u ::ldap_set_option and see if we're passing the
>cert info off to openldap?  openldap would be the one actually on the
>hook for doing the checking.
>
>Coercing some trace out of openldap might yeild a clue too

Further trusses showed that httpd *does* open64(), read(), and close() one of the
CA cert files specified in my httpd.conf (actually, the same process did so twice,
which seemed odd).  But it only did so for the last of the CA cert files
mentioned in httpd.conf:

When I reduced my httpd.conf to just a single LDAPTrustedGlobalCert statement, it works fine.

When I have two or more LDAPTrustedGlobalCert
statements (to bring other CA certs), it only works if the CA I need is the last one
mentioned in httpd.conf.

Whatever's the cause, I've worked around it for now by specifying just a single
LDAPTrustedGlobalCert statement; currently all my LDAP servers have certificates
signed by the same CA.