.htaccess assistance

Hey,

I'm trying to setup something up where I have a video player on the main page of the site but the .flv files are in a directory such as videos/files. What I would like to do is use .htaccess to block the direct calling for those files so they can't be downloaded but I still want the site to be able to load the files for viewing through the video player. Every combo I try stops the direct calling of the file but the player also can't seem to load it.

I try:

Order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1 (used the IP of the site, etc(

And I still get nothing. Any help would be appreciated. I want to make sure I block the files from people but the webserver can still load and use them.