Re: Ldap Bind (w/ mod_auth_ldap)

Harry Holt wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:18 AM, imarinkrat1 <andrew.f.moss@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>> This is my current configuration which works correctly:
>> <Location /9242/>
>>  DAV svn
>>  SVNParentPath C:\svn-9242
>>  SVNListParentPath on
>>  SSLRequireSSL
>>
>>  AuthType Basic
>>  AuthName "Team 9242 SVN Serv - LDAP"
>>  AuthLDAPUrl
>> ldap://my.domain:389/ou=blah,ou=blah,dc=my,dc=domain?sAMAccountName
>>  AuthLDAPBindDN myusername
>>  AuthLDAPBindPassword mypassword
>>
>>  Require valid-user
>>  AuthzSVNAccessFile C:\svn-config\conf\9242.auth
>>  Satisfy all
>> </Location>
>>
>> If I REMOVE the lines:
>>  AuthLDAPBindDN myusername
>>  AuthLDAPBindPassword mypassword
>> And then I try to authenticate, in the error.txt log I get the following
>> errors:
>> [Tue Apr 22 07:33:12 2008] [warn] [client my.ip.address] [4004] auth_ldap
>> authenticate: user myusername authentication failed; URI /9242/test_repo/
>> [ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][Operations Error]
>>
>> Question
>> Is it possible for me to bind to Ldap using the username and password
>> being
>> passed in from the user?
>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p16824250/auth.jpg
>> --
>

> Yes, it works.  Try adding
>
> AuthBasicProvider ldap
>
> to your <Location/> section of the config.
>
> ... HH
>
> --
> Harry Holt, PMP

Harry, thank you for your quick reply.  I am sorry I did not mention before,
I am running Apache 2.0.59, and from the Apache documentation, it looks as
if the Directive you mentioned "AuthBasicProvider" is located in the Module
mod_auth_basic which is only available in Apache 2.1 and later
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_auth_basic.html).

In addition, after reading that documentation, I am not 100% sure this will
solve my problem.
"The AuthBasicProvider directive sets which provider is used to authenticate
the users for this location."
I would think the "AuthLDAPUrl" directive would ensure authentication with
Ldap?

It looks to me from my google searching, that it might not be possible to
bind with the user who is attempting to log in (at log in time) without
binding to a dummy account or doing an anonymous bind.  It looks more and
more like I will have to create a dummy Ldap account to hardcode the
username and password into the httpd.conf file.

Thank you,
Andrew