Re: Memory consumption

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 6:24 AM, benjamin <bschilz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I'm currently using Apache 2.2 under Debian Etch, with FastCGI/Suexec
>  and Php5.2 (all of these softwares have been installed as Debian
>  paquets, using aptitude).
>
>  The server is a Pentium 4 (3 Ghz) with 2 Gb of RAM. It serves a lot of
>  requests (about 30 to 35 per second, mainly weblogs and forums). This
>  server is only used to run Apache and Proftpd. I recently switched
>  from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.2, from php4 to php5 and from Debian Sarge
>  to Debian Etch (from scratch).
>  Since this major update I am running into memory consumption problems
>  with Apache 2 :

It's highly unlikely that this comes from apache or its core modules.
It is probably something in your php code or libraries.

One way to try to isolate the problem is to add the PID to your apache
access log. Then you can try to quickly identify processes that
balloon in size and track backward in the log to find requests that
could be causing it.

Joshua.