Re: Question: ProxyPass not working??

lihao0129@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, folks:

On my websites, I want links like the following:

http://example.com/images/pic.jpg

silently grab the image from

   http://192.168.53.93/images/pic.jpg     [internal IP]
     or
   http://imgserver.com/images/pic.jpg     [external IP]

example2.com(192.168.53.93) is a separate(physically) server where we
host all images on our website.  in my httpd.conf, I've added.

    ProxyRequests Off
    ProxyErrorOverride On
    <Location /images>
        ProxyPass http://imgserver.com/images/
               [I also tried the interal IP]
        ProxyPassReverse http://imgserver.com/images/
    </Location>

The above configuration did not work, I get 403 error by visiting
"http://example.com/images/pic.jpg";, but I can access
http://imgserver.com/images/pic.jpg from web browser without problem.
[firewall enabled around our Internal NAT]

Really new to configuring ProxyServer, Can anyone tell me what I did
wrong or did I miss out some configuration that is necessary to make
the proxypass working..

Many thanks..

lihao

Hello;

At least one reason you are having problems is that the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse directives are incorrect. these statements require two arguments, not one. So try changing the lines to

ProxyPass /images/ http://imgserver.com/images/

ProxyPassReverse  /images/  http://imgserver.com/images/

and see what happens.

hugh

--
Hugh Williams                  "More men are killed by overwork than the
hugh_williams@xxxxxxxxxxx       importance of the world justifies."