Apache can't write to directory

Hello!

I'm running apache 2.2 on Red Hat.

I have a directory, /usr/results/, which is owned by the apache user and
has rwx privileges.

If I go into that directory and 'mkdir test' it creates the folder, no
problem.

When I try and do this over CGI, however, I get a "Permission Denied"
error message.

In my httpd.conf I have this:
<Directory /usr/results>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

The home directory for apache is /var/www/html/.

Any suggestions why apache can't create the directory?

Thanks
Mick

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended solely for the addressee. If you have
received this message in error please delete it & notify the originator
immediately.
Unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
forbidden & may be unlawful.
The contents of this e-mail are the views of the sender and do not
necessarily represent the views of the Institute.
This email and associated attachments has been checked locally for
viruses but we can accept no responsibility once it has left our
systems.
Communications on Institute computers are monitored to secure the
effective operation of the systems and for other lawful purposes.