Re: Is Apache caching files in htdocs?

Mark Space wrote:
Joshua Slive wrote:
There is no cache unless you specifically configure one with mod_cache.

More likely this is some windows filesystem quirk or some issue with
your editor. Have you gone down to the command prompt and verified
that the file has really changed?

Thanks for the fast response. It's an issue with permissions/the file system. Somehow, I can edit and save the file as a regular user. I can even quit the editor and re-edit the file, and the edits are still there. But this file doesn't actually get written back to the original file, it's somewhere else (I haven't found where yet.) Opening the file as an administrator fixes this and let me edit the same copy that Apache sees. Wild. Thanks for the pointer.

In a word, UAC (user access control).

Either turn off UAC in the users applet, or use a cmd.exe shell that you
have run-as administrator (in windows 2008 server, not even launching the
cmd.exe will result in an admin shell for an admin unless you are very
explicit about it).  Then start notepad from there.

of course you can point your DocumentRoot/Alias/<Directory directives all
to a location that is outside of \Program Files to make the issue go away
(but the issue remains, for your .conf files).

Bill