To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: Options +Indexes - viewing foldername of ptotected subfolders

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Andre Hübner <Andre.Huebner@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List,

i have a problem with Options directive. I have folder in which are some
other folders located. All of these subfolders are .htaccess protected by
basic authentication. Also there is a .htaccess with Options +Indexes to
view foldercontent in browser.
With apache1.3 als works fine. I see all folders and if i click one i get
asked for logindata. Now im using apache 2.2.8. Difference ist that all
protected folders are hidden in browser. i can only see folders which are
not .htaccess protected.
All Folders with protection are not visible and errorlog says: client denied
by server configuration: /path/to/home/folder/.htaccess
I tried some other Options features but nothing is working to restore old
behavior. Is there a way to do that?

See
IndexOptions ShowForbidden

Joshua.