Re: xml

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 10:18:07 Melanie Pfefer wrote:
> hello
>
> the page property is when I right-click on the IE page
> and click on "page property"
>
> from a linux server:
>
> I suspect that some configuration is overriding this
> AddType. Could it be that cause?
> thanks

Do you have the MIME module loaded? What is the output when you run Apache's
daemon with the "-M" option?

If you have mime.module loaded, then you may have a config line like this:

TypesConfig /etc/httpd/mime.types

The mime.types file contains declarations for dozens of file types.

Where in your config are you declaring your AddType line? Perhaps you have the
desired line at the global level but are overriding it in the virtual host.

Also...I probably should have asked this before, but is the page simply a
static XML file (foo.xml) on the server, or are you generating it with CGI,
Perl, PHP, etc.? In the latter case, the application may be sending its own
Content-Type header.

Scott