From: j k [mailto: jonnykent@xxxxxxxxx]
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ddogej@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:14:20 -0800
Subject: Re: Virtual Host problems

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Edwin <ddogej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
People whom know more than me please inform me of what I'm doing wrong

DocumentRoot C:/users/edwin j mcleod/documents/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs
ServerName www.Example.com
# Other directives here

DocumentRoot C:/users/edwin j mcleod/documents/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs2
ServerName www.Example.com
# Other directives here

Syntax error on line 165 of c:/Users/Edwin J Mcleod/Documents/Apache Software Foundation/APache2.2/conf/httpd.conf:
Documentroot takes one argument, Root directory of the document tree

There's th eproblem:
'Documentroot takes one argument, Root directory of the document tree'

Try quotes around that:
DocumentRoot "C:/users/edwin j mcleod/documents/Apache Software"

Neither windows nor unix/linux likes a space in a file name.
Good luck

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com