Re: www.xx.com opens but xx.com doesnt

Bubba,

James Carter wrote:
I have a dedicated DNS server and a dedicated Web
Server.

if I type in www.xx.com the webpage opens up.  If I
type in xx.com I get the Red Hat Test Page from my
actual DNS server.

I have removed the A record from my db.file and it
still does the same thing.

And you've updated the serial number and reloaded the zone?

Would it help if I posted my db.file ?

It would help if you posted the real domain name so we can check the entries. Feel free to e-mail it to me off-list if you don't wish it to be public knowledge.

HTH,

				Neil.

--- "Neil A. Hillard"
<neil.hillard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

James,

James Carter wrote:
After doing a little more investigating, the Red
Hat
test page is actually loading up from the DNS
server,
not my actual web server.  I guess I need to tell
my
dns server to point to the web server if it is an
actual web page request.
Your web requests don't need to hit your DNS server.
Just remove the A record for .211 from xx.com.

Please also include the (relevant part of the)
problem.