Re: bogus requests

The first thing that I check in the index.php is the action and if it is not what I am expecting then I redirect to an error page
This is working fine and the error page also opens up fine, but the load on the server increases as well as on the apache server.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 19.03.08 05:31, Abhijit Bhatnagar wrote:
> Recently our website started receiving a lot of requests which have
> another url inside the original request.

> http://somedomain.com/index.php?action="">>
> I don't know how but it was somehow causing heavy load on the apache server.
> Our Apache server version is 2.0.43 built : Aug 1 2006 09:25:45

This is not apache problem. Try such request to see what happens. The
index.php is probably buggy and does what it shouldn't do.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...