mod_status bytes counters

We are running apache web server for serving software downloads over http.
Some users are using download managers that fetch data in multiple threads with byte range requests. But apache counts this request as a whole file being downloaded. So stat in access log is absolutly wrong. I found a way to overcome this limittation by using mod_logio with %O and %I options in log format.

Besides collecting stat from files I want a real time perfomance monitoring. I using mod_status for this. But this module also relies on the wrong data based on the whole file size requested and not the real amount of data sent to client.

Is it difficult to fix this?

Thanks.