From: Eric Covener [mailto:covener@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 8:46 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  mod_ldap rejecting apparently valid server
certificate for secure ldap against active directory

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Scheible, Paul <scheible@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>  Finally, WebSphere Application Server
>  running on an iSeries machine and a WinXP machine was able to use the
>  new certificate to establish a secure connection.  (Hence, the
comment
>  that the certificate was apparently valid.)

Ideally, you'd want to test with something that hooks into the same
ldap/ssl libs picked up by apache. Perhaps ldp.exe on the affected
system.

Very peculiar that the different failing version of apache seem to
have the tcp connection closed from opposite directions -- for me
that's the only real thing that doesn't mesh.

Vista+ has a mechanism for doing LDAP tracing, but I don't know if
there's a less flexible trace available in earlier versions:

Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx