Re: How to set environment variable from RewriteMap? (was Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite E flag does not set env. variable)

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Thorsten Scherler
<thorsten.scherler.ext@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  To overcome that problem I took your suggestion and combined it like:
>  RewriteCond ${portadaboja:boletin}      ^(.+)$
>  RewriteCond  %{REQUEST_URI} /%1
>
>  but that is never got hit.
>
>  What I actually trying is to compare the REQUEST_URI with the map entry.
>  Is this possible and I am just not using it the right way?

If you are trying complicated things with rewrite rules it always is a
good idea to have a rewritelog, with a high enough loglevel. this will
show you a lot of what is happening.

Now, what is not entirely clear is what you are trying to do. You want
to look something up in a map and compare it with the requested URL,
right? That is going to be complicated. In the example you gave above,
are you just using RewriteCond's ? You are aware that a "RewriteCond"
statement only gets evaluated if the following RewriteRule matches?

Can you maybe just describe what it is you are trying to achieve?
Maybe there is a simpler way.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx