Re: ErrorDocument not working for HTTP code 413

Joshua,

> Is the 413 returned because you exceed the LimitRequestSize configured
> for apache?

I am not using the Apache parameter but a WLS plugin parameter.
I have set the MaxPostSize parameter within the WLS Apache plugin. I am
assuming this causes the 413 to return.
Interestingly, i saw different behaviours with different file sizes.
I have the limit set at 10k.  When i attempt to upload a 15k file, i see
the following error returned to the browser:

Failure of server APACHE bridge:

Your file size is too large to upload.
Build date/time: Dec 13 2006 10:09:29

Change Number: 871803

But if i attempt to upload a much larger file, say 600MB, i get a different
response in the browser:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

    *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in
a few
          moments.

    *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

    *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Thanks

Ramdas

jslive@xxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/29/2008 07:06:49 PM:

> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 9:03 PM,  <Ramdas.Hegde@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >  I am using httpd 2.2.4 with BEA Weblogic plug-in for Apache.
> >  I have configured the ErrorDocument to handle HTTP return codes
returned by
> >  the app. I have set a MaxPostSize attribute on the WLS plug-in tolimit
the
> >  file uploads.
> >  When i simulate HTTP status 413 for large file uploads by doing a
> >  multi/form-data post in my browser, though the plug-in/httpd seem to
be
> >  returning a HTTP code 413  as is seen in the access log, the
ErrorDocument

"http://ra-dev.test.com/falcon/addFiles.jsp?p=1&rp=&rpo=0&pg=1";