mod_negotiation: prefer-type cookie? (as prefer-language)

Hi,

Taken from the example were the Accept-Language (and it qualifiers) HTTP
header is overridden by a cookie set in the user’s browser; from
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/content-negotiation.html#better :
SetEnvIf Cookie "lang=(.+)" prefer-language=$1 Header append Vary cookie

But can this be done with the Accept HTTP header as well? Is there an
environmental variable that can be used to override the default
negotiation method for the Content-Type as well? I had visioned something
like the below, but I have not found anything in the documentation.
SetEnvIf Cookie "type=(.+)" prefer-type=$1 Header append Vary cookie

If this is an undocumented or unsupported feature… How can I achieve the
same result using other approaches? Basically I want to offer the user a
way to override the default content negotiation method. Like with the
prefer-language option.
--
Daniel’s linux notebook – http://www.opensource-notebook.com/