Re: SSI resolve IP to hostname

In current conf it is off but if i request this ssi-page of costumer i see my resolved hostname. hmm, i could switch to on but i think it is not recommend. There are more domains
served by this apache and i'm afraid of delays at serving the requests.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Torsten Foertsch" <torsten.foertsch@xxxxxxx>
To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Andre Hübner" <Andre.Huebner@xxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 3:10 PM
Subject: Re:  SSI resolve IP to hostname

On Fri 29 Feb 2008, Andre Hübner wrote:
i have just a little problem with name resolution using SSI. Customer of me
is using <!--#echo var="REMOTE_ADDR"--> and <!--#echo
var="REMOTE_HOST"--> to show IP and Hostname of Client. It works without
any error, I tried with different ISP. Customer says that his IP could not
resolved to hostname and this field stays empty. I cannot reproduce this
without his IP and i dont want to visit him at home ;) With little PHP and
gethostbyaddr or even on console using host i can resolve his IP to his
hostename. Is there a explaination why SSI could fail or is he just kidding
me?

>From my side i di not see any errors or mistakes.

You probably want to set HostnameLookups to On

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#hostnamelookups

Torsten