Re: AddDefaultLanguage broken?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Alexandra Zaharia <f0rg3r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Now my question is: is indeed the "AddDefaultCharset" directive
>  broken/deprecated? Is this a known behavior?

In earlier versions, mod_autoindex didn't set any charset at all. This
meant that AddDefaultCharset, which only works when no other charset
is specified, was picked up. But it also meant that no charset was
sent at all if AddDefaultCharset wasn't present.

To protect buggy browsers from cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks, all
content originated from apache needs to have a charset assigned, so a
change was made in 2.2.6 to assign a charset (utf-8 for windows and
iso-8859-1 for everything else, if I recall correctly). The charset
option was also added to IndexOptions for those who need to override
it.

So, yes, the current behavior is expected and correct and the old
behavior is wrong. You should use IndexOptions charset= to change the
mod_autoindex charset and not AddDefaultCharset.

Joshua.